Wednesday, June 22, 2011

At the Holocaust Museum

After the Holocaust, the kids were asked to reflect upon several questions:

  1. zWhich exhibit “spoke” most deeply to you?

Probably the cattle car. I think it was the shock of realizing I was in the same place that so many had suffered – even died.  It was a very emotional experience.
-Parker

The exhibit that told me that children were not exempt from the living hell.
-no name given

The shoes cause it was hard to think that they all belonged to someone.
- no name given

The exhibit Daniel’s Story “spoke” the deepest to me because it had a lot of connections with my everyday life. Also, I liked how his dieary was spread out through the exhibit.
-no name given

  1. Which exhibit helped you to connect most closely with an individual or individuals?

The Hall of Remembrance. I lit a candle for my person who died at Aushwitz.
-no name given

There was a picture slideshow that showed some of the dead.  This one woman’s face as she lie dead hit me like a ton of bricks.
-Zoe

Daniel’s Story because that could have easily been my family and I.
-Emmaleigh

  1. How has your visit to the Holocaust Museum impacted you?

What I learned is this:  Don’t take life for granted because you never know when it’s gonna end.
-Alana

Life isn’t fair.
-no name given

I finally realized how America did nothing to help the matter which could have changed everything.
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment